September DAVA Meeting
'Wisdom Circles,' TUESDAY, September 26th
Join DAVA and AVA-MC for a joint meeting as we rotate through small group discussions facilitated by leaders in our field.
1) Creating a culture of volunteer engagement
2) Days of Service-what work for you when working with groups? What helps when planning?
3) Family volunteer opportunities
4) Work/home life balance- pointers, share of good practices for this field
5) Creating a work plan for your volunteer department-what have people done either for their own accountability or within the organization?
6) Retention strategies/ preventing burnout-what has worked for people to keep good volunteers and staff?
7) Staff working with Millennials- best practice and story sharing
9:00 to 9:30 am Networking and breakfast
9:30 to 9:45 am Welcome and introductions
9:45 to 10:05 am First rotation
10:10 to 10:30 am Second rotation
10:35 to 10:55 am Third rotation
11:00 to 11:15 am Discussion about AVA-MC and DAVA partnership
11:15 to 11:45 am Closing/announcements
Hosted by the American Red Cross of Greater Chicago.
2200 W Harrison St.
Parking: Street parking is available along Harrison St. There are limited parking spaces available in the gated parking lot located on the east side of the building, and overflow parking will be available in the gravel parking lot on north Leavitt Street.
From the Blue Line: Exit at Western Ave. The building is 3 blocks East.
From Oligvie/Union Station: Walk to Jackson & Clinton and the number 7 CTA bus will stop in front of the building.